Fitness Teachers are passionate about supporting the school's classical mission and helping all students gain knowledge and skills in Fitness. Our teachers have a razor-sharp focus on the school’s mission and the drive to meet their key responsibilities:
- Providing fitness instruction to scholars in a way that maximizes learning.
- Establishing and maintaining a “no-excuses,” highly ordered classroom culture where scholars demonstrate respect, responsibility, caring, trustworthiness, fairness, and citizenship.
Our teachers work relentlessly to achieve these challenging, mission-critical goals. Successful fitness teachers:
- Study, practice, and execute rigorous and engaging lessons that maximize scholars’ physical activity.
- Revise lessons for clarity, rigor and relevance, with guidance and support from instructional coaches.
- Proactively design and teach routines and procedures that maximize instructional time and minimize time lost to transitions and material organization.
- Manage spacing of scholars and equipment in the gym to ensure physical safety
- Set and enforce school behavioral expectations
- Teach and integrate character education and teamwork into daily activities
- Effectively track and analyze scholar achievement and participation to pinpoint scholar needs.
- Maintain accurate records of student information and assessment data
- Collaborate in teams and with coaches to resolve challenges and implement instructional improvements driven by quantitative and qualitative data.
- Proactively seek and implement feedback from team leaders and coaches to improve their practice
Above all, our teachers care deeply about their scholars, who inspire them to achieve life’s greatest joy: doing good work well.